Apr 15 Update
We’re going virtual for Graduation 2020. We want the class of 2020 to get the full graduation honor ceremony opportunity with classmates, family, and friends, so we’re bringing it all on-line: caps and tassels, music, program handout, slide show, commencement speaker and student speaker, on-camera diploma presentations by parents, practice runs, grad social gatherings beforehand — everything but the cake-and-punch reception. More information coming shortly.
We are refunding in full all prior summer camp and graduation registrations, including paying all the fees associated with the refund process (Paypal gave us the choice of letting you pay the fees or letting us pay them for you — Paypal and the credit card companies have no plans to sacrifice any money they can make from coronavirus cancellations).
Mar 30 Update
As virus control distancing, isolation and quarantine measures continue in the U.S., the group venue and timing of this event becomes less likely. We are committed that 2020 graduates don’t get forgotten in this difficult time. We are currently preparing for three options:
- On-time local event as planned.
- Virtual event using cameras for all participants and speakers, making the event available by live stream to family members and by recording to others.
- Deferral of local event until later in the summer.
Around May 1 we will make decisions and present options to graduates.
TPS Graduation 2020 is the evening of Friday June 5 on the last night of the TPS Summer Camp. TPS provides a professional-quality graduation experience with a family emphasis:
- Beautiful formal ceremony with active student and parent participation, including caps, gowns, honor and award tassels, speakers, processions, diploma presented by parent (or teacher if parent not present), and more.
- Hosted reception for graduates, families and friends.
- Professional portrait of each graduate, plus family portraits if family is present.
- Slide show featuring life photos from all graduates.
- Storyboard (“About Me”) prepared by each graduate and displayed at the reception.
- “Graduate Gatherings” before the ceremony, for graduates to work on storyboards and speeches, and to enjoy friends and have fun.
Even if you already have a local or state graduation ceremony, please consider participating in this memorable event with your TPS friends in 2020!
Past Graduation Photos and Video
The best way to get a sense of the ceremony and the “graduate gatherings” that precede it is to look at pictures and videos from prior TPS Graduation events. A professional photography team takes photos all week during the camp and special graduate events, and then captures the ceremony itself. Each individual graduate and family also has a portrait photo session right before the ceremony. Afterward all of these photos and the camp video are uploaded for viewing or purchase. Please go here for the 2019 photos.
Here is a video of the entire TPS Graduation 2019 ceremony (credit: Joseph Ford).
TPS Graduation 2020 Information
Click on the flyer below to see the options for flipping pages, zooming in, and downloading. All 2020 details and links are in the flyer.