We hope to “see” you at TPS Graduation 2020!
There’s hardly any part of our world and our lives that hasn’t been touched by the COVID-19 global pandemic. In the midst of grief and difficulty in the global crisis, there are also wonderful causes to celebrate, and your high school graduation is one of those! Therefore, we are pleased to announce that TPS Graduation 2020 is going virtual! Hopefully this change of venue means that even more TPS graduates can participate, and even more friends and families can join in the celebration.
When is TPS Graduation 2020? Friday, June 5, 2020 at 7 pm ET
Where will TPS Graduation 2020 take place?
Graduation will be hosted on Zoom, a live video-conferencing application. The meeting will have security features activated and be moderated. As we get close to the event date, TPS will update this page with safe instructions for accessing the ceremony.
Who is eligible to participate in TPS Graduation 2020?
TPS students who will complete their high school coursework by June 5, 2020. Graduating students must be currently enrolled at TPS and have taken at least two classes with TPS within the past two years.
Who may attend TPS Graduation 2020?
Family and friends of the graduates may all attend for free and without a reservation. (Cameras will be allowed only for graduation ceremony participants.)
What is included as part of the graduation event?
- Ceremony. TPS will provide the same high-quality, memorable graduation ceremony we’ve conducted in-person for the last six years. This year’s ceremony will still include a processional to the traditional Pomp and Circumstance, a TPS teacher as commencement speaker, one of the graduates to deliver an address to the parents on behalf of the graduates, diploma presentations by the parents, and a parental prayer on behalf of the graduates’ parents. (During registration, graduates will have opportunity to nominate a TPS teacher and a fellow graduate for the speaker roles.)
- Honor cord recognition. Traditional color-coded “virtual honor cords” signifying various accomplishments will be displayed for each graduate. (This information is collected at registration.)
- Event Program. Attractively designed digital program that can be printed and kept as a keepsake.
- “Meet the Graduates” Directory. TPS will compile a “Meet the Graduates” directory, including each graduate’s photo, honor chords, and a brief bio about each graduate’s background and future plans.
- Digital Photo Slideshow. All graduates will be asked to submit a specified number of photos commemorating their childhood and high school years for inclusion in the photo slideshow.
Click on the flyer below to flip pages, zoom in or download. All TPS Graduation 2020 details, including social event and practice event information, and registration directions and links, are in the flyer.